Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Be a contributing member of the nursing staff
- Provide direct care activities to Participants/Patients.
- Contribute to collecting accurate health care information and maintaining accurate health care documentation as required.
- Communicate effectively with Participants/Patients and other health care team members.
- Monitor and record patient’s condition and document provided care services.
- Treat medical emergencies.
- Follow care regulations and standards.
- Work with the Complex Support Coordinators, Participants, Doctors and medical specialists in the construction of medical support plans.
To be successful in this role, the following essential criteria is required:
- Bachelors of Nursing or diploma in Nursing
- Current AHPRA registration – RN – essential
- Knowledge in a major area of expertise and/or multi-disciplinary understanding from within the mental health / disability sector.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a registered nurse.
- High level organisational and demonstrated computer skills;
- Ability to write reports in a timely manner;
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate effectively;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills to produce high quality reports;
- Ability to work with OnTrack Tasmania’s Mission and Values;
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of person centred planning;
- Understanding of and the ability to apply NDIS legislation, NDIS practise standards and requirements of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission;
- Working knowledge of WHS Act and regulations;
- Current unencumbered Tasmanian driver’s licence;
- Meeting the NDIS Worker Screen requirements of a current National Criminal Record Check and Working with Vulnerable People Clearance;
- Completion of NDIS New Worker Orientation and Covid-19 Infection Control Module;
- Current Assist clients with Medication Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate.
Interested? Here’s what to do next…
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com including your AHPRA registration and current Working with Vulnerable People check.
Applications strictly close at 11.59 p.m. Tuesday 20th July 2021
In the meantime, if you’ve still got questions: